Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, December 13, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts its 3rd quarter (3Q12) Ethernet Switches market share and forecast report.
“As we noted earlier, the double-digit growth rates in enterprise switches during the first half of the year were unlikely to continue, and that is now coming true,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “Overall weakness in Europe and softness in the public sector vertical in EMEA and North America are acting as a brake on growth.”
3Q12 ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Ethernet switch revenue was $4.9 billion worldwide in 3Q12, down 3% both sequentially and year-over-year
- Ethernet switch port growth exceeded revenue growth in 3Q12, indicating a return to increased discounting and sales of lower-value products
- 40G Ethernet port shipments jumped 37% in 3Q12
- Market leader Cisco’s share of global Ethernet switch revenue held steady in 3Q12 at about 64%
- Number-3 player Juniper had a solid quarter, posting its 2nd-highest level of Ethernet switch sales
ETHERNET SWITCH REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Ethernet switches report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for Ethernet switches and PoE, including ports, fixed configuration switches, and chassis switches. Companies tracked include ADTRAN, Alaxala, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, Hitachi Cable, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, LG Ericsson, NETGEAR, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics ENTERPRISE NETWORKING report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #