LONDON, England, December 10, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter (3Q12) Femtocell Equipment market share and forecast report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
“After a minor dip earlier in the year, healthy revenue growth has returned to the femtocell market, where we saw a second consecutive quarter of increases,” notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave, mobile offload, and mobile broadband devices at Infonetics Research. “All segments—consumer, enterprise, and public access—saw both units and revenue go up, and we remain optimistic that femtocells have sufficient market drivers and support among operators to sustain continuous annual growth through 2016.”
Webb adds: “Many new product types have launched recently, including the data-only femto from Contela, in-flight femtos from ip.access, the dual-mode 3G/LTE consumer femto from Fujitsu, and the 3G/4G/WiFi enterprise femto from SpiderCloud, and this innovation is driving new models and market opportunities.”
FEMTOCELL EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global femtocell market, including 2G, 3G, and 4G femtocells, grew 13.5% sequentially in 3Q12, to $132.7 million
- Sales of 3G femtocells were up 50% in 3Q12
- Samsung grew revenue 45% in 3Q12 from 2Q12, seizing the femtocell market share lead for the 1st time since 4Q11; Samsung also led in units shipped
- Meanwhile, following a double-digit sequential decline in revenue, Airvana slid into the #2 spot in the 3rd quarter
- Integrated femtocells made up just 2% of units shipped in 3Q12, but Infonetics expects they will account for around 1/3 of total units by 2016
Infonetics’ quarterly femtocell equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for 2G femtocells (CDMA and GSM/GPRS), 3G femtocells (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO, and TD SCDMA), and 4G femtocells (WiMAX and LTE). Femtocells are tracked by form factor (standalone and integrated) and market segment (consumer, enterprise, and public access). Companies tracked include Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Argela, Cisco/ip.access (3G femtocells), Contela, Huawei, ip.access, NEC/ Ubiquisys, Ubee Interactive, and others. To buy the survey, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH AND EVENTS
Download Infonetics’ research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #