London, UK, December 4, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2012 (3Q12) Microwave Equipment market size, market share, and forecast report, which analyzes time-division multiplexing (TDM), Ethernet, and dual Ethernet/TDM microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, and architecture.
“The microwave equipment market held steady overall in the 3rd quarter, with wildly varying results across segments,” reports Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave, mobile offload, and mobile broadband devices at Infonetics Research. “Current trends will continue, with TDM microwave equipment declining precipitously; the large dual-mode TDM/Ethernet microwave segment waning as well but at a much slower rate; and Ethernet-only microwave equipment surging year after year, powered by sustained mobile macrocell backhaul demand.”
Webb adds: “Among the top 3 players in the market, leader Ericsson posted a 7% revenue gain to give them nearly a quarter of the global market, their strongest standing since early 2011; Huawei, who had more than doubled their microwave revenue the previous quarter, saw a 19% decline this quarter; and NEC’s microwave revenue rose 17%, putting them within 1 market share point of Huawei. Alcatel-Lucent continue to lead the fast-growing Ethernet microwave segment.”
MICROWAVE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- While flat quarter-over-quarter in 3Q12, the worldwide microwave equipment market is down 4% from the year-ago 3rd quarter, to $1.24 billion, weighed down by flagging sales of TDM and dual TDM/Ethernet microwave equipment
- Meanwhile, the Ethernet microwave equipment segment is up 5% year-over-year and is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 38% CAGR from 2011 to 2016
- In 3Q12, backhaul equipment made up 85% of total microwave revenue
- EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) accounted for the highest regional proportion of microwave revenue, ahead of Asia Pacific, North America, and Latin America
Infonetics' quarterly microwave equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for Ethernet, TDM, and hybrid microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, and architecture. Companies tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon, DragonWave, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Exalt, Huawei, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, ZTE, and others. To buy the survey, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS EVENTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is expanding rapidly and is looking to hire more analysts, including a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices; Market Analyst: Enterprise VoIP; Market Research Manager; and more. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #