Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 12, 2012—Analyst firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter (3Q12) Network Security Appliances and Software market share and forecast report.
“Looking at the top 3 network security vendors' quarter-over-quarter revenue performance, Cisco increased 1.5%, Check Point increased 3.2%, and Juniper increased 11.1%,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "Overall the network security appliance and software market saw moderately strong growth in the 3rd quarter and there is always potential for a great 4th quarter because of seasonal budget flush.”
3Q12 NETWORK SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Global network security appliance and software revenue is up a strong 7% from the year-ago 3rd quarter
- Integrated security appliances have gained share every quarter since 4Q11, and Infonetics is forecasting continued quarterly gains through 3Q13
- Palo Alto Networks' successful IPO and strong financial performance have breathed life into the fairly stale integrated appliance market share picture, setting the stage for heated share battles in 2013
- Mobile malware is out of control: McAfee had fewer than 3,000 mobile malware samples in its database just a year ago, growing to around 25,000 samples today
NETWORK SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly network security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, VPN and firewall software, and network-based intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) products. Vendors tracked include AEP, Alcatel-Lucent, Array Networks, CA, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, D-Link, Enterasys, eSoft, F5, Fortinet, GTA, HP, Huawei, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, NetASQ, Palo Alto Networks, SonicWALL, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, WatchGuard, ZyXEL, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics SECURITY report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #