Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 20, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its recent video report, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, which tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set top boxes (STBs) and over-the-top (OTT) media servers.
“We increased our long-term overall STB forecast, due mainly to a pick up in the pace of cable and satellite STB shipments in the Asia Pacific region, principally in China and India; Infonetics expects the global STB market to grow to $16.6 billion in 2016,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research.
SET-TOP BOX MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide set-top box revenue was essentially flat in 3Q12, totaling $3.7 billion
- Cisco held serve as the cable set-top box market share leader for the second straight quarter, beating out Motorola by a hair
- The IP set-top box segment grew the most in 3Q12, with revenue up 27% from the previous quarter
- 45% of all set-top boxes shipped now have HD capabilities
SET-TOP BOX REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly STB and subscribers report provides worldwide and regional market share, size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for IP STBs, cable STBs, satellite STBs, hybrid IP/DTT, and OTT media servers, as well as telco IPTV and cable and satellite video subscribers. Companies tracked include ADB, Changhong, Cisco, Coship, DVN, Echostar, Huawei, Humax, Jiuzhou, Kingvon, Motorola, Netgem, Pace, Samsung, Skyworth Digital, Technicolor, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
- WEBINAR: Scaling Small Cell Backhaul with Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Vitesse (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network with Ruckus (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Core Routers Move to the Metro with Alcatel-Lucent (Apr. 2013)
- WEBINAR: The Transcoder Boom in a Multiscreen World (TBA Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #