Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 19, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2012 (3Q12) Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers market share, size, and forecasts report. (Detailed analysis will be published December 3.)
“With solid third quarter results, the carrier VoIP and IMS market is on track for positive year-over-year growth due to a handful of variables that are coming together,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “First, we’re entering the long-tail of the legacy softswitch and trunking gateway market, with opportunities for early equipment replacement and new deals that will help slow declines and provide stabilization. Second, IMS deployments continue to grow, and there are pockets of VoLTE and wireless spending.”
“Given these factors, and based on our fourth quarter projections,” Myers continues, “We’re anticipating that 2012 will provide the first annual growth in the carrier VoIP and IMS market in over four years.”
3Q12 CARRIER VOIP AND IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global service provider VoIP and IMS market was down 4% sequentially in 3Q12, but is up 8% from the year-ago quarter (3Q11)
- Asia Pacific and Latin America carried the VoIP and IMS market in 3Q12, each posting high single-digit sequential growth and strong double-digit year-over-year increases
- Huawei strengthened its lead in the overall VoIP and IMS market, now at around 1/4 market share, through solid sales across its IMS and NGN VoIP product lines
- In the session border controller (SBC) segment, Sonus jumped to over 20% market share in the quarter, solidifying their position as a strong number two after Acme Packet
- In the IMS market, it was another tight battle in 3Q12 between Ericsson, Huawei and Nokia Siemens Networks as we see continued expansion within existing IMS networks
Infonetics’ quarterly carrier VoIP and IMS report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for trunk media gateways, session border controllers (SBCs), media servers, Class 4 and Class 5 softswitches, voice application servers, IMS core equipment (HSS, BGCF, MGCF, CSCF servers), IMS application servers, and VoIP and IMS subscribers. Companies tracked include Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, BroadSoft, Dialogic, Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Italtel, Mavenir, MetaSwitch, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, RadiSys, Sonus, Technicolor, Xener, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #