Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 20, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its recent video report, Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers, which tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers.
“Operators are being extremely cautious with their video infrastructure spending right now, looking to sweat their assets as much as they can knowing that a spending spree looms on the horizon to support more unicast and multi-screen services, including RS-DVR, start-over, look-back, and streaming delivery to mobile devices,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “We expect a noticeable jump in video equipment spending in 2013.”
VOD AND ENCODER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics has increased its long-term forecast for the overall video infrastructure market to $1.1 billion by 2016, as operators worldwide migrate to MPEG-4 HD encoders to support higher picture quality using less bandwidth and as multi-screen services take off
- For the quarter, VOD and encoder equipment revenue fell 3% in 3Q12 from 2Q12, with all regions declining by single digits
- Following 2 consecutive quarters of declines, spending on VOD and streaming content servers grew 1.8% in 3Q12
- Infonetics forecasts the number of IPTV subscribers to nearly double between 2012 and 2016, from 83 million to 165 million worldwide
VOD AND ENCODER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly VOD and encoder equipment and subscribers report provides worldwide and regional market share, size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video infrastructure and subscribers. Companies tracked include Anevia, ARRIS, Cisco, Concurrent, Edgeware, Envivio, Ericsson, Espial, Harmonic, Huawei, Motorola, OptiBase, Thomson Video Networks, UTStarcom, XOR Media, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
- WEBINAR: Scaling Small Cell Backhaul with Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Vitesse (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network with Ruckus (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Core Routers Move to the Metro with Alcatel-Lucent (Apr. 2013)
- WEBINAR: The Transcoder Boom in a Multiscreen World (TBA Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #