Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 8, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released highlights from its recently published fourth quarter (4Q11) Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS vendor market share and forecast report.
"It’s almost impossible to comprehend the volume and impact of publicly disclosed threat events in 2011, and regardless of the actual impact on business and revenue, we know these events have driven an unprecedented level of visibility for IT security issues. The hacks of 2011 were highly successful, the repercussions for hackers (at least the ones who were caught) won’t deter the hordes filling the holes they leave behind, and there are more tools, more bandwidth, more targets, and more money to be made every year. So 2011 wasn’t THE year of the hack, it was simply A year, and it will be followed by another year, and the high visibility of security issues required to keep security at the top of the priority list of shrinking IT budgets will be as present in 2012 as it was in 2011,” expects Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The tight race for revenue market share leadership continues in the overall content security gateway appliance and software market, with McAfee maintaining its top-dog status in 2011, and Cisco moving into 2nd position ahead of Symantec by a fraction of a point
- In the appliance segment, despite declining revenue in 4Q11 from 3Q11, Cisco held on to its lead, ahead of Blue Coat, McAfee, Symantec and Barracuda
- In the software segment, Trend Micro regained the lead from Websense in 4Q11
- The global content security appliance and software market grew 10% in 2011 over 2010 to $3.0 billion
- Infonetics’ year-ago forecast hit within 2% of actual results
- Sales of SaaS (software-as-a-service) content security gateway solutions jumped 32% in 2011 over 2010, and represent the key growth area for most of the top content security vendors
- The global SaaS content security market is forecast by Infonetics to near $800 million by 2016
Infonetics’ quarterly Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, and analysis of content security gateway messaging and web/malware software and SaaS and appliances (messaging, Web/malware, integrated). Vendors tracked: Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cisco, Citrix, McAfee, SonicWALL, Symantec, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, Websense, and others.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO BUY THIS REPORT
Download report highlights, prospectuses, tables of contents, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see SECURITY, 2012), or contact Sales:
- Larry Howard, VP , West NA, APAC, CALA: firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, East NA, Texas, Midwest: email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Sales (Japan): email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
- Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
- Latest Infonetics Security research newsletter: http://bit.ly/yDSmkT
- Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs (see Download Resources)
- Network security market set for stronger growth in 2012
- Enterprises rate mobile device security vendors, reveal BYOD concerns
- On-demand webinar: SECURING YOUR EMPLOYEES' MOBILE DEVICES (Infonetics, IBM, Juniper)
- CRS note: RSA 2012, AKA MWC 2012: Security Edition
- CRS note: Mobility, SaaS, and Data Center Are Key Drivers for Security Solutions in 2012
- DDoS prevention market up 52% in 2011, mobile networks deployments driving growth
- Service provider security plans, views on security vendors revealed in new survey
- Virtual security appliance market up 57% in 2011, driven by cloud and data center buildouts
- Smaller vendors driving growth in the NAC appliance market
- Smartphone hacking fueling big growth in mobile security client software sales
- Managed security services hot despite cool economy due to threats, mobile devices, move to cloud
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE & FORECAST REPORTS
UPCOMING ENTERPRISE SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #