GREATER LONDON, England, March 6, 2012—Technology market research firm released excerpts from its fourth quarter (4Q11) Femtocell Equipment market share, market size, and forecast report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
"Adoption of femtocells continues to grow steadily," confirms Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave, mobile offload and mobile broadband devices at Infonetics Research. "More than 35 operators are now with live commercial deployments, and femtocell technology has diversified beyond the consumer market into enterprise, metro, and rural segments, driving adoption. The average selling price per unit is also increasing as higher-feature enterprise class and carrier class products start to ship, driving revenue up."
FEMTOCELL MARKET STATS
- Worldwide revenue from 2G and 3G femtocells used in consumer, enterprise and public spaces grew 22% sequentially in 4Q11
- For the full year 2011, global femtocell revenue is up 48%
- From the year-ago fourth quarter, femtocell revenue is up 53%, indicating that the market is accelerating and is now achieving scale
- There have not yet been any commercial shipments of LTE or WiMAX femtocells reported
- About a dozen service providers, including Network Norway, SK Telecom, Telefónica, and T-Mobile USA, launched commercial femtocell services in 2011
- Vodafone Netherlands, Vodafone Czech Republic, Vimpelcom in Russia, and Cosmote in Greece made new femtocell deployments in the past quarter; most 3G operators are still trialing or strategically assessing femtocells
- Samsung leapfrogged Airvana by a hair to secure its position at the top of the overall femtocell revenue market share leaderboard in 4Q11, based on shipments of higher-ASP carrier-class femtocells
Infonetics’ quarterly Femtocell Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, femtocell vendor market share, forecasts, and analysis for revenue, units, and ARPU of 2G femtocells (CDMA, GSM/GPRS), 3G femtocells (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO), forecasts for 4G femtocells (FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE femtocells), and femtocells by form factor (standalone and integrated femtocells), split by consumer, enterprise, and public space applications. Companies tracked: Airvana, Airwalk, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco/ip.access (3G femtocells), Ericsson, Huawei, ip.access (2G femtocells), Juni, Motorola, NEC, NETGEAR, Nokia Siemens Networks, Samsung, SerComm, Thomson, Ubiquisys, ZTE, and others. Contact Infonetics' Sales to buy report.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE / FORECAST REPORTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #