Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 28, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Cloud Service Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ plans for the adoption and usage of cloud services.
"There is no doubt, the cloud has come of age," notes Sam Barnett, directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research. “While investments in cloud outsourcing are small in comparison to internal IT/data center spending, they are growing each year, with the number of enterprise organizations turning to cloud technology to manage budgets and transform service delivery increasing significantly in the last two years.”
Barnett adds: “The cloud is no longer about outsourcing IT infrastructure and functions—it’s about right-sizing them.”
CLOUD SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- 91% of enterprises interviewed use cloud services today, growing to 100% by the end of 2014
- The leading drivers for deploying cloud services are application performance and management of IT costs
- Software as a service (SaaS) is the most widely adopted cloud technology among respondent operators
- Survey respondents cite Microsoft, IBM, and Cisco as the top cloud service providers, although unexpected vendors dominate the cloud landscape in key technology deployment areas
For its new 25-page cloud service strategies survey, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 107 North American enterprises about their current usage of cloud services as well as their plans for deploying cloud-based services through 2014. Survey participants were asked about cloud service delivery types (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS), uses, deployment drivers, barriers, and vendors. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics DATA CENTER AND CLOUD report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
UPCOMING INFONETICS EVENTS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #