BOSTON, Massachusetts, April 13, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Data Center and Campus Ethernet Switch Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which examines buyer views of incumbent Ethernet switch vendors and future deployments, including overall vendor perceptions and specific vendor strengths/weaknesses.
“Cisco still dominates the market by far, and will for years to come due to the advantages of incumbency. But vendors, including Cisco, readily admit that this is one of the most competitive times in the Ethernet switch market,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
“Major changes in the vendor landscape will not happen overnight, but there are signs of shifts,” Machowinski adds. “Our Ethernet switch survey shows that buyers are evaluating alternative vendors. In an $18-billion annual market, even minor shifts in market share have a significant revenue impact on alternative suppliers. Renewed competition will make this an exciting market to watch.”
ETHERNET SWITCH SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- After Cisco, the 3 big IT suppliers—Dell, HP, and IBM—form the second tier of the most widely deployed Ethernet switch vendors
- Vendors seeing improvement in this year’s survey in terms of the number of respondents considering them for future Ethernet switch purchases include Dell, Juniper, and NETGEAR
- Cisco, HP, and IBM are the most-named vendors when respondents list who they consider to be the top 3 Ethernet switch vendors
- When selecting an Ethernet switch vendor, respondents say performance is the most important criteria
ETHERNET SWITCH STUDY SYNOPSIS
In April 2012, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 102 medium, large, and enterprise size companies in the U.S. and Canada that have Ethernet switches in their campuses and/or data centers. The resulting 19-page Ethernet Switch study covers their Ethernet switch deployment plans, ratings of leading Ethernet switch vendors, and the criteria most important to them when selecting an Ethernet switch vendor. Vendors named by respondents in response to open-ended questions or to ratings questions include ADTRAN, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, HP, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, Microsoft, NEC, NETGEAR, Oracle, and Winstars. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download ENTERPRISE NETWORKING report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #