Campbell, CALIFORNIA, January 22, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from a new report, Ethernet over Coax (EoC) Equipment and Subscribers in China, which tracks market size and subscribers for EoC master/headend and modem hardware.
“The number of TV subscribers in China is 200 million and growing fast, presenting a huge opportunity for cable TV operators there to become significant fixed broadband service providers, challenging China Telecom and China Unicom,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “Given China’s unique multi-dwelling unit-dominated environment, cable operators are using Ethernet over Coax technology to quickly roll out broadband services to compete with fiber deployments.”
Heynen continues: “But the cable companies are in the process of consolidating and retooling, and given the organizational and operational challenges that lay ahead, they’ll want to spread EoC rollouts over a longer period of time as they sort out which technologies to use, which markets to target first, and how to best market services they have little to no experience providing.”
EOC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts the market for Ethernet over Coax (EoC) equipment in China, including master/headend units and modems, to grow at a 33% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016
- EoC modem shipments are expected to grow sixfold by 2016, when they will make up around 70% of total EoC revenue
- There are currently 3.7 million EoC subscribers in China, growing to nearly 24 million by 2016
EOC CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join Jeff Heynen Tue., Jan. 22 at 12 PM Eastern for a live EoC market recap. Log in to http://bit.ly/MP7lsg for access information to join the conference call or view on-demand afterward.
Infonetics’ annual EoC equipment and subscribers report provides market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for Ethernet over Coax (EoC) equipment and subscribers in China, including EoC master/headend units and modems (HomePlug AV/BPL, C-DOCSIS, HiNOC, MoCA, HomePNA/HCNA, and WiFi over Coax [WOC]) used by cable operators. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING PAY TV MARKET RESEARCH
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #