Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 15, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its latest Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot market size and forecast report, which tracks over 40 types of wireline broadband, wireline voice, mobile, wireless, mobile broadband, video, IMS, and WiMAX subscribers.
“The number of mobile broadband subscribers jumped nearly 50% in 2011 to 846 million and we expect that number to reach 2.6 billion by 2016, driven by Brazil, Russia, India, China and others in the developing world,” notes Stéphane Téral, Infonetics Research’s principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics. “We anticipate Asia Pacific to account for over half of the world’s mobile broadband subscribers by 2016, while Latin America will see the fastest growth.”
FIXED AND MOBILE SUBSCRIBER HIGHLIGHTS
- Mobile subscribers—including GSM, W-CDMA, LTE, TD-CDMA, cdmaOne, CDMA2000—are forecast by Infonetics to pass the 6-billion mark in 2012, and to approach 7 billion by 2016
- In some countries, the number of mobile subscribers already surpasses the population, such as in Finland, where many people have both personal and work phones
- Infonetics expects more than 200 million traditional voice access lines to get dropped over the next the 5 years as people continue to ‘cut the cord’
- China Mobile, Vodafone, and América Móvil are the world’s top mobile operators by number of subscribers
- The number of LTE subscribers is forecast by Infonetics to near 450 million by 2016
- Despite some subscriber migration to TD-LTE, WiMAX subscribers are expected to grow at a 35% compound annual growth rate through 2016, when they will top 132 million
- DSL continues to grow despite competition from cable, FTTH, and LTE, with DSL subscribers accounting for over 2/3 of all wireline broadband subscriptions in 2011
FIXED AND MOBILE SUBSCRIBERS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ Total Fixed and Mobile Subscribers Pivot report provides worldwide, regional, and select country market size and forecasts through 2016 for access lines and 40+ types of subscribers, including LTE subscribers, WiMAX subscribers, VoIP subscribers, IMS subscribers, IPTV subscribers, pay-TV subscribers, DSL subscribers, cable subscribers, mobile subscribers by technology, and more. The service includes a 10-page analysis report with top trends and predictions, market drivers, technology developments, and top operators by subscribers. To buy the report, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
- Download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) Services and Subscribers: Voice, SMS/MMS, and Broadband
- Fundamental Telecom/Datacom Market Drivers
- Mobile VoIP Services and Subscribers Market Size and Forecasts
- IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, Vendor Leadership: Service Provider Survey
- LTE Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE/WiMAX) Infrastructure and Subscribers Market Share and Forecasts
- Small Cell Equipment Market Size and Forecasts
- Small Cell Coverage Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE) Infrastructure and Subscribers in Japan and China
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #