CAMPBELL, California, June 28, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research published its new IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, for which carriers with IP Multimedia (voice, video, data) Subsystem core equipment in their networks were interviewed to assess their needs and to analyze trends in the IMS market.
“For the first time ever, LTE is the top driver for IMS deployments in our annual IMS service provider survey,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research. “But while LTE may be the number-one driver, the reality is the majority of services running over IMS today are fixed-line VoIP. None of our survey respondents has yet deployed voice over LTE (VoLTE).”
Myers adds: “Ultimately, the longer-term inevitability of an all-IP mobile network is leading operators to IMS for other services first, even if VoLTE services are farther down the road.”
IMS SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- IMS networks continue to be deployed by fixed-line operators, mobile operators, and cable operators; 71% of Infonetics’ survey respondents have already deployed IMS and the rest are in the process of deploying IMS (a requirement for participating in the survey)
- Fixed-line VoIP service is the mainstay of IMS deployments, with 76% of respondents running residential voice over broadband, SIP trunking, or hosted business VoIP over IMS today, growing to 100% by 2014
- Mobile services are growing in importance: by 2014, 71% of respondent operators plan to offer RCS/e, more than half plan to offer VoLTE, and more or less a third will offer VoIP over 3G and mobile messaging
- Ericsson continues to be the leading IMS vendor in terms of equipment installed by respondent operators
- Huawei is a real standout in this year’s survey, growing its installed base every year among survey respondents and topping the vendor leadership list for pricing, total cost of ownership, product roadmap, financial stability, and reliability
IMS SURVEY SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' June 2012 37-page IMS survey is based on interviews with purchase-decision makers at 21 incumbent, mobile, competitive, and cable operators from around the world with IMS core equipment in their networks. Infonetics asked operators about drivers and barriers for migrating to IMS, CSCF and HSS implementations and installed vendors, IMS elements, single vs. multiple IMS cores, and plans for IMS-based retail services (business-hosted IP voice, SIP trunking, Class 5 replacement voice, VoIP over 3G, IPTV, etc.). The report includes operator responses to open-ended questions about IMS vendors and features a vendor scorecard with operator ratings of 8 IMS infrastructure manufacturers (Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Metaswitch, Nokia Siemens Networks, ZTE) on 9 criteria (technology, product roadmap, system integration capability, total cost of ownership, pricing, financial stability, service and support, solution maturity, and reliability).To buy the survey, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
SIP TRUNKING WEBINAR
Join Infonetics Research and BroadSoft for a live, interactive webinar on July 12 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, Beat Commoditization: Enhance Your SIP Trunking Offer, featuring analyst Diane Myers. Learn more and register at http://bit.ly/M5Nw5t.
UPCOMING RESEARCH AND EVENTS
Download Infonetics report highlights, tables of contents, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see SERVICE PROVIDER VOIP AND IMS) or download Infonetics’ Research Publication Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is expanding rapidly and is looking to hire more analysts, including a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices; Market Analyst: Enterprise VoIP; Market Research Manager; and more. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #