Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 8, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its new Messaging Security SaaS Provider Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top messaging security software-as-a-service providers.
"For the second year in a row, Google tops our worldwide scorecard for messaging security SaaS," announced Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "Google’s financial stability, market strategy, and service capabilities help them maintain a massive lead in subscribers, but their lead isn’t insurmountable. Large security breaches and the lack of a public threat lab and testing information have left Google with limited appeal to very large customers with strong security requirements. This opens the door for other leading vendors like Symantec and McAfee."
MESSAGING SECURITY SAAS SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Google earned a high overall score of 52 out of 60 in Infonetics’ annual messaging security SaaS scorecard
- Symantec, McAfee, Microsoft, Websense, and AppRiver are also among the top providers in the messaging security SaaS market
- Symantec’s installed base of subscribers is just over half of Google’s, but they have significant growth potential in the messaging security SaaS segment due to the strength of their security brand and profile
- The messaging security SaaS market is a fairly mature one, with a somewhat established leadership hierarchy, but other key vendors including Proofpoint, Barracuda, Cisco, and Trend Micro have the brand, technology, product, market, and financial background to make a significant impact
Providers ranked in Infonetics’ Messaging Security SaaS Provider Scorecard include AppRiver, Google, McAfee, Microsoft, Symantec, and Websense. The leadership scorecard identifies providers’ strengths and weaknesses, and ranks the top messaging security SaaS providers based on criteria critical to determining market leadership and long-term success, including installed base, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities, brand presence, and security profile. A Web Security SaaS Provider Leadership Scorecard will be published by Infonetics in June 2012. To buy the report, contact Infonetics Sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE / FORECAST REPORTS
See SECURITY at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc., or download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING ENTERPRISE SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #