Campbell, CALIFORNIA, January 22, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Multi-Screen TV Service Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey, for which Infonetics interviewed pay TV operators about their plans for multi-screen video services and delivering live and file-based video content to subscribers with multiple devices.
“Multi-screen services are quickly becoming a critical service for pay TV operators worldwide,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “By keeping attention focused on the content they’re providing, operators keep subscribers and advertisers happy.”
“But,” cautions Julien Blin, Infonetics’ directing analyst for consumer electronics and mobile broadband, “Significant challenges remain, particularly when it comes to securing licensing arrangements with content owners who are concerned about the security of their content in a multi-screen world. This is also one of the major hurdles to offering á la carte cable content, a hot topic these days.”
MULTISCREEN TV SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Nearly half of survey respondents support tablets as part of their multi-screen service today, growing to 100% by 2014
- When it comes to supporting mobile OS as part of a multi-screen service, 40% of operators interviewed prefer the Android and iOS platforms
- Among survey respondents, the need to reduce churn and increase customer loyalty was rated a top business driver
- Securing content licensing deals is the #1 business challenge facing respondent operators
For its 24-page multi-screen TV survey, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at incumbent and cable operators from EMEA, North America, and Asia Pacific in November and December 2012 about their plans for delivering multi-screen video. The study provides insights into business drivers and challenges, technological challenges, types of devices and mobile operating systems supported, transcoding and delivery methods, number of broadcast channels and VOD titles offered, and value-added services. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING PAY TV MARKET RESEARCH
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #