Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, September 27, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2012 Optical Equipment Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which explores service providers' perceptions of optical equipment suppliers and criteria for choosing vendors.
“As much as equipment vendors talk about the importance of vendor financial stability, when we talk to optical buyers at network operators around the world, price and total cost of ownership (TCO) come up as the factors they care most about overall,” asserts Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research.
OPTICAL VENDOR LEADERSHIP SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Alcatel-Lucent receives the best overall marks from service providers, particularly for its technology, management, product reliability, and service and support
- Ciena is cited by service providers as a top vendor nearly as often as Alcatel-Lucent in the areas of 40G/100G+ coherent technology and OTN switching, and ties for optical control plane technology (Ciena ranked highest overall in previous surveys)
- Huawei climbed from 3rd place in 2011 to 1st this year among vendors being evaluated for future optical purchases
- Despite its smaller size, Infinera continues a trend of ranking relatively high in most optical leadership categories and has the best ratio of ‘evaluating’ versus ‘installed’
For its 21-page Optical Vendor Leadership Survey, Infonetics interviewed 10G/40G/100G optical transmission and switching equipment purchase-decision makers at 20 incumbent, competitive and mobile operators from Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), North America, Asia Pacific, and the Caribbean and Latin America. Together, the operators represent 28% of global telecom revenue and capex. The survey covers service providers’ familiarity with optical equipment vendors, vendors installed and under evaluation, selection criteria, and their rankings of vendors’ technology, pricing, service and support, product reliability, financial stability, management tools, R&D investment, and TCO. To buy the survey, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download OPTICAL report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #