Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, December 14, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Policy Management Deployment Strategies and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which provides insights into the investment drivers, strategies, and integration efforts of operators deploying policy management solutions, as well as their thoughts on leading policy vendors.
“We’ve long maintained that the balance of power within operators in making policy management investment decisions is shifting, and our latest policy survey bears this out. Increasingly, operators view policy as a key tool for service creation and customer management that extends well beyond basic bandwidth control, and as a result their marketing departments are taking a larger role in the policy management procurement process,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Levine adds: “This creates a challenge for suppliers that must now build relationships with new constituencies, as well as potentially expand their product portfolios to include capabilities like real-time charging and subscriber data management.”
POLICY MANAGEMENT SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Delivering new service bundles and raising revenue per user are the top business factors driving respondent operators’ policy management investments
- Reducing network congestion is rated a “very important” business driver by fewer respondents this year than last year, suggesting that operators are more likely to view policy management as a tool for service creation and new revenue
- 96% of operators surveyed rated rules engine flexibility as the top criteria for choosing a policy management solution, indicating a strong interest in easy-to-use interfaces that enable policy definition and creation without vendor involvement
- In an open-ended question asking operators who they consider to be the top 3 policy management vendors, they most often named Openet, Tekelec, and Huawei
For its 17-page policy management survey, Infonetics interviewed operators about policy investment drivers, applications, integration efforts, solution criteria, supplier criteria, vendor familiarity and ratings of policy management suppliers. Vendors named by operators in response to open-ended and/or ratings questions include Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Broadhop, Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, Juniper, Nokia Siemens Networks, Openet, Tekelec, ZTE and others.
Infonetics interviewed 25 service providers in EMEA, North America, Asia, and Latin America, including some of the world’s largest mobile operators and high profile competitive players in emerging markets. The operators surveyed represent 19% of the world’s telecom capex and 20% of telecom revenue.
To buy the survey, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBCASTS
- WEBINAR: Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Scaling Small Cell Backhaul (Feb. 2013)
- WEBINAR: Using APIs to Create Innovative Content Ecosystems (sponsorships available)
- WEBINAR: Leveraging Next-Gen Policy Management Solutions (sponsorships available)
Download Infonetics SERVICE ENABLEMENT AND SUBSCRIBER INTELLIGENCE report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #