CAMPBELL, California, November 5, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its November 2012 SBC Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey, which provides insights into service provider deployments of session border controllers (SBCs), preferred SBC features and capabilities, and perceptions of SBC vendors.
“Given the growing availability of session border controllers from different vendors, for our latest SBC survey we asked service providers whether they currently use a single SBC vendor or multiple vendors, and also about their vendor selection plans over the next 2 years. The move toward a multi-vendor strategy is clear: 41% of respondents use multiple SBC vendors today, growing to 67% by 2014,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “This represents an opportunity for a number of up-and-coming SBC vendors, such as Sonus Networks and Metaswitch, along with larger vendors Huawei, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, and GENBAND.”
SBC DEPLOYMENT STRATEGIES SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The top SBC applications among service providers participating in Infonetics’ survey are interconnection to other service providers, SIP trunking, and hosted business VoIP (PBX/UC)
- Security continues to be top of mind: 88% of survey respondents rate security as the most important function of an SBC
- A majority of operators surveyed favor a network-wide licensing model over the current node based licensing model
- Acme Packet, the perennial SBC market share leader, heads the list of SBC vendors under evaluation and is rated a top vendor by 96% of survey respondents
SBC SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 24-page SBC deployment strategies survey, Infonetics interviewed 51 service providers from around the world who have a VoIP or IMS network and are currently in SBC lab testing, trials, deployment, or production services. Combined, the service provider respondents represent 39% of the world’s telecom revenue and 41% of the world’s telecom capex. Service providers responded to a broad range of questions, from critical SBC features and top SBC applications, to security concerns, timelines, network location plans, and perceptions of SBC vendors. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download SERVICE PROVIDER VoIP and IMS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Market Share / Market Size / Forecast Reports
Service Provider Outsourcing / Capex and Subscribers
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #