Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 8, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Self-Organizing Networks (SON) and Optimization Software market size and forecasts report, which tracks 2G and 3G optimization software and 3G and 4G SON software for the mobile network optimization (MNO) market.
“Sales of 3G and 4G SON software are on track to more than triple worldwide this year, thanks mainly to AT&T and KDDI carrying out large-scale SON deployments, while the much larger, older 2G/3G optimization segment continues to grow in the single-digits, driven by operators seeking to control opex,” reports Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
Téral adds: “The combination of the ongoing 2G-to-3G subscriber migration and the preparation of 3G-to-4G subscriber migration—specifically LTE rollouts driving SON tools—will fuel growth in the mobile network optimization market going forward. In North America, 3G networks are still being completed, LTE networks are being launched, and 2G networks will be shut down by 2021. Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) are pushing the EDGE and HSPA+ roadmap hard while modernizing the footprint with multi-standard base stations. And Asia Pacific is the home of the LTE front runners in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea, and of large 2G footprints in China and India. All of this activity will drive 3G/4G SON and 2G/3G optimization deployments.”
SON AND OPTIMIZATION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Combined, 3G/4G self-organizing network (SON) software and 2G/3G optimization software sales grew 11% last year and are on track to grow 16% this year
- Demand for self-organizing networks and optimization software continues because the need to remove people from the equation to reduce opex and human error has not abated
- Infonetics expects the SON and optimization software market to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016
- The 4G SON segment is forecast by Infonetics to grow at nearly an 87% CAGR from 2011 to 2016
SON REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ annual SON and optimization software report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for the mobile network optimization market, including 2G and 3G optimization software and 3G and 4G SON software. The report includes a mobile subscriber forecast (2G/3G/4G subscribers), a specialist vendor snapshot, and SON use cases from the Next Generation Mobile Networks (NGMN) Alliance.
The report tracks Tier 1 mobile infrastructure vendors with mobile network optimization tools, including Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia Siemens Networks, and ZTE; as well as specialist vendors, including Actix, AIRCOM, Airhop, Aricent, Arieso, Ascom, Astellia, Axis, Bytemobile, Celtro, Commsquare, Eden Rock, Infovista, InterDigital, Intucell, Mentum, Newfield Wireless, P.I.Works, Plano Engineering, Reverb, Schema, Symena, Theta Networks, TTG International, Tulinx, Ubiquisys, Vector, and Xceed. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ research brochure, publication calendar, report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
- Western NA, Asia, CALA: Larry Howard (VP), firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #