CAMPBELL, California, October 4, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its UC Deployment Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprise plans for unified communications (UC) and their perceptions of UC vendors.
“Our unified communications survey reveals a really important shift taking place as enterprises increasingly use mobile devices to access UC applications,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Survey respondents indicate that smartphones and tablets will be the two most widely used devices for UC in 2013, passing traditional computers and deskphones.”
UC DEPLOYMENT STRATEGIES SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The top drivers for deploying UC are improving employee response time, mobility, flexibility, and productivity
- In a shift from previous Infonetics surveys, complexity displaced cost as the leading barrier affecting UC deployment
- When choosing a UC solution, 71% of survey respondents view mobile device integration as “very important”
- Cisco is the most installed UC supplier among enterprises surveyed, followed by Microsoft and IBM
UC SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 29-page Unified Communications survey, Infonetics interviewed 102 UC purchase-decision makers at medium and large enterprises that use VoIP, e-mail, and instant messaging. The report analyzes key trends in the market based on end-user responses about UC communication devices, reasons for and against deploying UC, important UC capabilities, mobile and video requirements, and UC vendors. The survey features enterprise ratings of 11 unified communications vendors: Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Avaya, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel, Siemens, and Verizon. To buy the survey, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download VoIP and IMS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #