CAMPBELL, California, October 4, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers Market Share and Forecast, which tracks service providers and their VoIP and unified communications (UC) services revenue and subscribers.
“The SIP trunking and hosted UC segments were marked by strong growth and dynamic supplier landscapes in the first half of 2012,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Beyond traditional operators and service providers, we’re seeing a growing number of PBX/UC vendors, enterprise agents, system integrators, and resellers expanding into hosted UC offerings.”
VOIP AND UC SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics predicts a cumulative $377 billion will be spent on business and residential/SOHO VoIP services over the 5 years from 2012 to 2016, driven primarily by SIP trunking and hosted VoIP/UC services
- NTT, the perennial leader of residential VoIP market, topped 14 million subscribers in 2Q12
- Roughly 15%–20% of all new IP PBX lines sold are part of a managed service or outsourced contract, making managed IP PBX the largest segment of business VoIP services
- SIP trunking revenue grew 23% in the first half of 2012 compared to the second half of 2011, led by strong activity in North America
VOIP AND UC SERVICE REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' biannual VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report features a Hosted PBX/UC Provider Tracker and provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for VoIP services, including residential/SOHO, hosted VoIP and UC, IP connectivity, and managed IP PBX services. Companies tracked include AT&T, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Embratel, France Télécom, KDDI, LG Uplus, LibertyGlobal, NTT, ONO, Optus, Rogers, SFR, SK Broadband, SoftBank, Telecom Italia, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Vonage, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download VoIP and IMS report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #