Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 10, 2012—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Worldwide Web Security SaaS Provider Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top web security-as-a-service (SaaS) providers.
"Thanks to its good security profile, great brand presence, and strong product offering, Cisco tops our worldwide scorecard for web security SaaS for the second year in a row," announced Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "But competition in this space remains fierce, with zScaler, McAfee, and Symantec in a virtual dead heat for the number-two spot, and newcomers Blue Coat and Barracuda positioned to make waves. With very little standing between first and last place in our vendor matrix, we expect this jostling to continue for the foreseeable future."
WEB SECURITY SAAS SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Cisco earned a high overall score of 57 out of 60 in Infonetics’ annual web security SaaS provider scorecard
- zScaler leapfrogged McAfee and Symantec this year to move into 2nd place, in large part due to a strong and growing subscriber base and improvements in the strength of its security profile
- McAfee and Symantec remain neck-and-neck, tied for 3rd and just 1 point behind zScaler; both companies face the long-term challenge of transitioning from security client software to cloud-based services
Providers ranked in Infonetics’ Worldwide Web Security SaaS Provider Scorecard include Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, Websense, and zScaler. The leadership scorecard identifies providers’ strengths and weaknesses, and ranks the top web security SaaS providers based on criteria critical to determining market leadership, including security brand presence, security profile, financial stability, market strategy, and service capabilities.
Infonetics published its Messaging Security SaaS Provider Scorecard in April 2012 (for report excerpts, see http://bit.ly/MdLKg6).
To buy the scorecards, contact Infonetics sales: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE & FORECAST REPORTS
See SECURITY at http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc., or download Infonetics’ 2012 Research Publication Calendar: http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING SECURITY SURVEYS
UPCOMING LEADERSHIP SCORECARDS
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is expanding rapidly and is looking to hire more analysts, including a senior Industry Analyst: Mobile and Home Networking Devices; Market Analyst: Enterprise VoIP; Market Research Manager; and more. See http://bit.ly/jmXOYO for job descriptions.
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #