Campbell, CALIFORNIA, October 17, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report, which analyzes and forecasts the market for cloud- and customer premises equipment (CPE)-based security services delivered by service providers to small, medium, and large businesses.
“The long-term outlook for managed security services, and especially cloud services, is quite strong, but there are some potential stumbling blocks,” cautions Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “Improvements in the efficacy and ease of management of security products could decrease the urgency to move to the cloud, and regulatory drivers are forcing some customers to keep all data on premise.”
MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Projected to grow 45% over the next 5 years, the managed security market is being driven by factors including:
- An increase in the volume, variety, and complexity of threats of all types
- Security product sprawl
- A distributed workforce and the proliferation of BYOD erasing network perimeters
- As IT infrastructure continues its march into the cloud, security will follow: cloud-based security service revenue is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 10.8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2012 to 2017, to $9.2 billion
- Though prominent SaaS providers like Google and Microsoft are transforming the standalone security business and bundling security functionality with business apps (Google Docs/Drive and Office 365), they remain serious competition for traditional managed security vendors
Clients, view Jeff Wilson’s managed security conference call on demand. Log in for password: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=745.
Join Jeff Wilson September 19 for SMS/MMS Security Strategies for Mobile Carriers, a live event: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=658465&s=1&k=EF10D327D1BD7192133CEA894DA65C03
MANAGED SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual cloud and CPE security report provides market size, forecasts through 2017, trends, and analysis for cloud and CPE managed security services by organization size and technology: managed firewalls, content security, intrusion prevention and detection system, and other services. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
FREE INFONETICS WEBINARS
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #