Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 11, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest DDoS Prevention Appliances report, which tracks distributed denial of service (DDoS) vendors and analyzes and forecasts DDoS appliances built to protect enterprises and carriers.
“Strong growth of DDoS prevention appliances continues in 2013 as non-stop attacks plague a wide variety of industries, and large enterprises and service providers look to protect their users and data from a new wave of sophisticated DDoS attacks,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson continues: “An increasing number of application-layer attacks, which older DDoS detection and mitigation infrastructure can’t identify and block, are forcing companies to make new investments in DDoS solutions.”
DDoS PREVENTION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global DDoS prevention appliance market totaled $89 million in 3Q13, a 6% increase from 2Q13
- Arbor Networks ranks first in DDoS prevention appliance revenue, with just over 50% market share, followed distantly by Radware
- The launch of Arbor’s hybrid-cloud service and Akamai’s acquisition of Prolexic bode well for the continued growth of the DDoS prevention appliance market
- The availability of integrated DDoS mitigation solutions, such as firewalls as routers, will begin to impact the standalone DDoS prevention market in 2015, limiting the potential of lower-end on-premise solutions for enterprises and small- to mid-sized hosting providers
- The Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) is projected to have the highest growth in DDoS prevention appliance revenue of any major geographic region from 2012 to 2017, as many carriers deploy their first DDoS mitigation solutions
DDOS CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Jeff Wilson Dec. 17 at noon ET for a DDoS appliance market recap and outlook, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=742 .
WEBINAR: DATA CENTER FIREWALLS
Join Jeff Wilson Dec. 10 for Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements, a live event that explores the best of the new high-speed, high-capacity firewall solutions: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=708420&s=1&k=93D3BBD5218FE00E14D1BCEDFE6834F7 .
Infonetics’ biannual DDoS prevention report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for DDoS prevention appliances by units, revenue, and deployment location (enterprise and carrier data centers, government networks, carrier transport and wired broadband networks, and mobile networks). Vendors tracked: Andrisoft, Arbor Networks, Corero, F5, Fortinet, GenieNRM, Huawei, Juniper, Narus, Radware, RioRey, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (Dec. 10: Attend)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Attend)
- Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue (Dec. 17: Attend)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Improve Security (2014: Sponsor)
- DDoS Mitigation Strategies: What’s Next (2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #