Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 12, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products report, which tracks deep packet inspection (DPI) software solutions and related hardware deployed in wireless and fixed-line networks.
“As devices become more sophisticated, subscribers are using more bandwidth-intensive services such as video, and that trend will only intensify as operators roll out their LTE networks,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research. “This is driving investment in DPI, often in conjunction with adjacent functionality such as policy, analytics, and real-time charging, to better monetize that usage and create more compelling offerings for the customer.”
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- As data usage continues to strain mobile networks, operators are turning to deep packet inspection (DPI) to better manage bandwidth use and to create innovative and bundled services
- Infonetics forecasts spending on standalone DPI solutions to grow 30% year-over-year in 2013, driven largely by the mobile segment
- The concept of “DPI inside” is gaining traction as manufacturers embed DPI into larger solutions such as video optimization, content charging, and service assurance
- Building on the momentum it gained at the end of last year, Sandvine passed Allot to take the lead in the DPI market in the first half of 2013 (1H13)
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, log in to view on-demand Shira Levine’s latest DPI market recap and outlook: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=699.
DPI REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual DPI report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for deep packet inspection products used in wireless and fixed-line service provider networks. Vendors tracked include Allot, Arbor, Cisco, Huawei, Procera, Qosmos, Sandvine, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- The Business Rationale for M2M (View on demand)
- How to Monetize Subscriber Data (Dec. 5: Sponsor)
- The Why and How of Integrating Policy and Charging Platforms (2014: Sponsor)
- Incorporating Policy and Charging Control into SDNs (2014: Sponsor)
- Leveraging Policy to Support CEM Strategies (2014: Sponsor)
- The Role of Policy and Charging in M2M (2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #