Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, June 27, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Data Center Network Equipment report, which tracks data center Ethernet switches, application delivery controllers (ADCs) and WAN optimization appliances.
“Following 2 strong years of investment, growth in the data center equipment market is starting to slow,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “While the near term outlook remains positive, ultimately we think the market is headed for a peak, as data center operators improve infrastructure utilization, and adoption of cloud services moves hardware consumption from enterprises to large-scale data center operators.”
DATA CENTER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide revenue for data center network equipment (data center Ethernet switches, ADCs and WAN optimization appliances) declined 11% sequentially in 1Q13, to $2.3 billion
- Purpose-built data center switches grew 30% year-over-year in 1Q13
- Following record sales in 2012, ADC revenue dipped 7% sequentially in 1Q13 and is only slightly positive (+2%) from a year ago due to declining sales to the U.S. federal government and delays in tier 1 telco projects
- Thanks to its partnership with Cisco (who exited the ADC market last year), Citrix is gaining momentum in the ADC space, growing market share by almost 10 points in the last year and gaining on #1 F5
- WAN optimization revenue is declining, due to feature integration and market saturation
DATA CENTER CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, view on demand analyst Matthias Machowinski’s 30-minute data center market recap and outlook. Log in for conference call info: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=728.
DATA CENTER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly data center equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis and trends for data center Ethernet switches (general purpose, purpose-built and blade switches), application delivery controllers (ADCs) and WAN optimization appliances. Companies tracked: 3Com/H3C, A10 Networks, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, Array Networks, Blue Coat, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Dell (Force10), Expand, F5, HP, IBM (BNT), Ipanema, Juniper, Packeteer, Radware, Riverbed and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED DATA CENTER RESEARCH
UPCOMING DATA CENTER MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #