Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 28, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and forecasts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report.
“In the first quarter of 2013, enterprise PBX spending dropped to its lowest point since mid-2009,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “The big squeeze is coming from hyper-competitive price pressure all over, with average revenue per line down across the board. But conservative spending by businesses is exacerbating the problem in some regions, while demand is actually flat-to-up in North America and Asia, reflecting uneven economic recoveries.”
Myers adds: “Meanwhile, demand for unified communications is increasing in all regions as businesses seek tools to help them boost employee productivity and flexibility.”
1Q13 ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise PBX market (TDM, hybrid, and pure PBXs) totaled $1.8 billion in 1Q13, down 9% from the previous quarter, and down 10% from the year-ago 1st quarter
- Sequentially, Asia Pacific was the lone bright spot, with PBX revenue up 7% in 1Q13 (typically a strong quarter for Asia)
- At the other end of the spectrum, licenses for unified communications (UC) are up both quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year, and revenue is up 21% from the year-ago 1st quarter
- The top vendors – Cisco, Avaya, NEC and Siemens in 1Q13 – remain in a battle to gain customers and hold on to existing ones as enterprises migrate to IP and UC solutions
- LG Ericsson, Mitel, NEC, and ShoreTel all notched year-over-year revenue gains in 1Q13
- Microsoft continues to post gains in the PBX market, leveraging its strength in unified communications
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Diane Myers June 7 at 12:30 PM ET for a live enterprise telephony market recap and outlook. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=759.
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, analysis, forecasts through 2017, and analysis for TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, IP deskphones and softphones. Tracked: Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, HP (3Com), LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens, Sonus, Toshiba, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/SIZE/FORECAST REPORTS & SCORECARDS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #