Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 5, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report, which analyzes and forecasts the market for cloud- and customer premises equipment (CPE)-based security services delivered by service providers to small, medium, and large businesses.
“Buyers are moving to managed security services to deal with increased attack volume and complexity, manage security product sprawl, deliver consistent security for a distributed workforce and device population, and provide security for cloud infrastructure,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson adds, “Manufacturers and service providers are developing more mature offerings to build out and deliver managed security to customers, and the net result is the market continues to enjoy healthy overall growth, with particularly strong growth for cloud-based services.”
CLOUD AND CPE MANAGED SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Equaling its 2011 performance, the global cloud and CPE managed security service market grew another 12% in 2012, to $13 billion
- While the majority of security service revenue in 2012 came from CPE-based services, by 2017 CPE revenue is expected to dip to 50% of total revenue
- Infonetics forecasts sales of cloud-based security services to grow 69% over the next 5 years
- “Other security services,” of which hosted DDoS services are a major and growing contributor, are anticipated to comprise over 20% of cloud-based security service revenue by 2017
BYOD SECURITY WEBINAR
Join Infonetics analyst Jeff Wilson and GENBAND May 14 for a free live webinar, Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World. Learn more or register: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=605407&s=1&k=E8282C5B51D5FA6E1237B2CA1DD49A13
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Managed security market recap/outlook: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=745.
Infonetics’ biannual cloud and CPE report provides market size, forecasts through 2017, trends, and analysis for cloud- and CPE-based managed security services by organization size and technology: managed firewalls, content security, IDS/IPS, and other security services. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (May 14: Register)
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth (Apr. 11: Register)
- Cyber Security: Using DPI and Metadata to Strengthen SIEM (View on demand)
- SMS/MMS Security Platforms for Mobile Carriers (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #