Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, March 27, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released its latest OTN and Packet Optical Hardware report, which tracks optical transport network (OTN) switching and transport equipment and packet-optical transport systems (P-OTS).
“OTN spending, and particularly OTN switching, is benefiting from a rise in investment in coherent core networks,” explains Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research. “Many service providers rolling out 100G are using the opportunity to upgrade their optical switching infrastructure. In the metro, investment is rapidly rotating away from legacy SONET/SDH to packet-optical transport systems that combine optical and Ethernet circuit switching in the same chassis.”
OTN AND P-OTS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The OTN transport and switching equipment market grew 8% in 2012, to $7.3 billion
- The bulk of the growth comes from the OTN switching segment, up 46% in 2012 from 2011
- Infonetics forecasts the OTN equipment market to top $13 billion in 2017
- Having embraced OTN technology early, North America leads the world in overall OTN deployments, while China is the frontrunner in OTN switching deployments
- Infinera was #1 in OTN switching in North America in 2012, despite only recognizing revenue in the 2nd half of the year
- Sales of P-OTS gear climbed 7% in 2012, to $1.2 billion
- Tellabs and Fujitsu together hold the lion’s share of the P-OTS market as a result of their aggressive deployments at Verizon, while Ciena, Cisco, and Alcatel-Lucent remain in a tight 3-way horse race
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, to view Andrew Schmitt’s OTN and P-OTS market update on demand, log in for password and access info: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=715.
Infonetics’ biannual OTN and packet optical report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for OTN transport and switching hardware, including metro edge and metro regional port revenue forecasts by type and speed. Companies tracked: ADTRAN, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Tellabs, Transmode, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED OPTICAL RESEARCH
UPCOMING OPTICAL RESEARCH
Download Infonetics' market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #