Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 16, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers market share and forecast report, which tracks service providers and their voice over IP (VoIP) and unified communications (UC) services revenue and subscribers.
“The market for VoIP services has moved well beyond the early adopter stage to mainstream status in many developed countries. New geographic regions are opening up, and SIP trunking and hosted UC continue to heat things up, fueling growth,” reports Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers adds: “Vendors are increasingly pitching cloud telephony and unified communications services alongside SIP trunking as more multi-site businesses seek out hybrid solutions.”
VOIP AND UC SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global VoIP services market, including residential and business VoIP services, totaled $63 billion in 2012, up 9% from 2011
- Due to continued demand for enterprise cloud-based services, hosted VoIP and UC services revenue grew 17% in 2012 from 2011, the most of any segment
- SIP trunks jumped 83% in 2012 from the previous year, as multi-site businesses adopt SIP trunking for cost savings and flexibility
- Managed IP PBX services, which focus on dedicated enterprise systems, remain the largest business VoIP services segment, and sales grew 9% in 2012
- NTT retains its leadership as the world's largest residential VoIP service provider in 2012, with 7.6% of global subscribers, followed by Comcast and France Télécom; all 3 providers continue to add new residential VoIP subscribers in their respective regions
- The combined business and residential VoIP services market is forecast by Infonetics to grow to $82.7 billion in 2017
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Diane Myers April 16 at noon ET for a live enterprise VoIP and UC services market recap and outlook. Log in for password: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=762.
Infonetics' biannual VoIP and UC services and subscribers report features a Hosted PBX/UC Provider Tracker and provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for VoIP services. Companies tracked: AT&T, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Embratel, France Télécom, J:Com, Kabel Deutschland, KDDI, KPN, KT, LG Uplus, Liberty Global, NTT, ONO, Rogers, SFR, Shaw Communications, SK Broadband, Sky, SoftBank, TalkTalk, Telecom Italia, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Vonage, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/SIZE/FORECAST REPORTS & SCORECARDS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #