Campbell, CALIFORNIA, September 5, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released market share and preliminary analysis from its 2nd quarter 2013 (2Q13) Data Center Network Equipment report. (Full report will be published on September 9.)
“Things are looking more positive for the application delivery controller (ADC) market. Previously delayed tier 1 projects are back on track, and enterprise spending in North America is picking up,” reports Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., Infonetics Research’s new directing analyst for data center and cloud.
“The WAN optimization market isn’t as rosy, but what could bring this market back to life is the growing demand for cloud services, which can benefit from a smart device at the branch office that enhances the delivery of cloud services over the WAN,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “But so far cloud services have yet to become a demand driver.”
2Q13 DATA CENTER MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, application data controller (ADC) revenue grew 7% in 2Q13 from 1Q13, and is also up 4% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- F5 continues to lead the pack in ADCs; Citrix and Radware round out the top 3
- WAN optimization sales got a temporary bump in 2Q13, but the segment remains on an overall downward trajectory, declining 11% from 2Q12
- The top 4 vendors in the WAN optimization space are, in rank order, Riverbed, Cisco, Blue Coat and Citrix
INFONETICS SDN AND NFV WEBINAR
Oct. 10: Building Service-Aware Networks on SDN, NFV and Network Intelligence. Learn more at http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=674760&s=1&k=5294D922DCBB3CF3ECF94810C6093AA7 .
DATA CENTER CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Cliff Grossner and Matthias Machowinski Sept. 12, 11:30 EDT for a market recap and outlook, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=728.
DATA CENTER REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly data center equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis and trends for application delivery controllers (ADCs) and WAN optimization appliances. Vendors tracked include A10, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, Array Networks, Blue Coat, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Dell (Force10), Expand, F5, HP, Huawei, IBM (BNT), Ipanema, Juniper, Radware, Riverbed and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING DATA CENTER MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics
# # #