Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, September 23, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter (2Q13) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
“After a tumultuous 2012 that saw growth in the video conferencing market screech to a halt, sales returned to year-over-year growth in the second quarter of 2013,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
“While the long-term fundamentals look positive and will eventually drive renewed revenue growth, weakness in public sector spending and the move to lower-cost video solutions hamper a more robust recovery this year,” cautions Machowinski.
2Q13 TELEPRESENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise video conferencing and telepresence market totaled $735 million in 2Q13, up 6% from the previous quarter, and up 8% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- PBX-based video system revenue doubled in 2Q13 from 2Q12, as businesses sought cost-effective ways to deploy multimedia communication
- Dedicated systems, meanwhile, continue to struggle
- North America is growing again on a year-over-year basis, pointing to a turnaround
- Results in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) over the past few quarters have been encouraging, and Infonetics believes the region could be a top performer in 2013 despite ongoing economic issues
- Vendor results were mixed in 2Q13: market leader Cisco’s revenue declined marginally, while #2 Polycom’s was up slightly
Join Matthias Machowinski Sept. 25 for Architecting Wireless LANs for BYOD, a live event: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=668715&s=1&k=D5AFD17C2F2C3E8EEC3BDF97B2C77E32
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, log in for password to join Infonetics Sept. 24 at noon EDT for a live videoconferencing market recap and outlook, or view on demand: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=760.
Infonetics’ quarterly videoconferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017 and analysis for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya/Radvision, Cisco, Huawei, Logitech/LifeSize, Microsoft, Polycom, ZTE, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics
# # #