Campbell, CALIFORNIA, September 6, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and forecasts from its 2nd quarter 2013 (2Q13) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report. (Analysis will be published by August 29.)
“Slower demand and competitive pricing pressure delivered a one-two punch to the enterprise PBX market in the 1st half of 2013,” reports Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “The slight recovery we saw late in 2012 hasn’t extended into the current year. Telephony spending remains stagnant as businesses rely on existing solutions.”
Myers adds: “On the other hand, unified communications (UC) is still on fire. Worldwide UC revenue grew 34% in the 2nd quarter of 2013 from the year-ago quarter. Microsoft’s been a big beneficiary, but they’re not alone as more vendors are enhancing their offerings, finding appeal with a broader range of enterprises in the process.”
2Q13 ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY & UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide revenue for enterprise PBXs (TDM, hybrid, pure IP) fell 9% in 2Q13 from 2Q12, to $1.81 billion
- North America was the standout region in 2Q13, posting quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year growth as a result of improving economic conditions and a return to enterprise telephony spending
- In contrast, Asia Pacific took a hit in 2Q13; while the 2nd quarter is typically down in Asia, revenue declined in the double digits both sequentially and from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- Shipments of all PBX line types (TDM PBX, hybrid, pure IP) declined in 2Q13
- Cisco posted a sequential gain in enterprise PBX revenue in 2Q13, increasing its share of the global market to 27%; this is Cisco’s 8th consecutive quarter atop the revenue share leaderboard
- Infonetics expects the UC application segment to grow 21.3% in 2013, and the enterprise PBX market to decline 2.6%
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Diane Myers September 12 at 12:30 PM ET for a live enterprise telephony market update, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=759.
ABOUT THE REPORT
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis and trends for TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, IP desk phones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, HP (3Com), LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens, Toshiba and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics' latest Enterprise Voice, Video, and UC research brief
- Cisco solidifies lead in enterprise SBCs in second quarter
- Videoconferencing is up as market moves to lower-cost solutions
- Service providers and enterprises to spend $1 trillion on telecom and datacom over 5 years
- Cisco, Brocade and Juniper top Infonetics’ new enterprise networking vendor scorecard
- Telenor nabs top spot in Infonetics' EMEA business VoIP scorecard for 2nd straight year
- Doubling year-over-year, PBX-based video systems keeping enterprise video market afloat
- Cisco, Acme Packet, Sonus vie for lead in growing enterprise SBC market
- Tough times for enterprise telephony market, down 10% from year-ago 1st quarter
- Comcast, Verizon, 8x8, XO tops in business VoIP; IP connectivity becoming commodity
- VoIP services market getting boost from cloud telephony, hosted UC, SIP trunking
UPCOMING VOICE RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics
# # #