Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 12, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers market size, market share, and forecast report, which tracks cable broadband equipment and subscribers.
“With CCAP (converged cable access platform) deployments pending, we expect to see a slow boil of CMTS/CCAP purchases throughout 2013, pushing CMTS and edge QAM channel shipments and revenue up,” notes Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “More importantly, the stage is being set for even bigger growth in 2014, when CCAP deployments begin in earnest.”
1Q13 CMTS AND EDGE QAM MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide CMTS and edge QAM revenue increased to $327 million in 1Q13, up 9% from 4Q12 though down 25% year-over-year
- Lower-cost CMTS downstream channel shipments dominated the product mix in 1Q13
- EMEA broke out of its slump as cable operators in Western Europe resumed their DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades: CMTS revenue rose 114% sequentially in 1Q13, and CMTS channels grew 121%
- Cableco UPC announced major efforts to expand its speed tiers to compete with telco FTTX initiatives
- Cisco turned in a strong 1Q13 and is back on top in both CMTS revenue market share (up 20% quarter-over-quarter) and channel shipments (up 43%)
Clients, hear Jeff Heynen’s cable broadband conference call on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=679.
Infonetics’ quarterly CMTS and edge QAM report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for CMTS and edge QAM (linear broadcast, VoD and unicast video, switched digital video, and DOCSIS/M-CMTS) equipment and cable broadband subscribers (standard and wideband), and CCAP. Companies tracked: Arris, Big Band Networks, Casa Systems, Cisco, Ericsson, Harmonic, Motorola, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE / SIZE FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, to view recent webinars on demand, or to learn about sponsoring a webinar.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #