Campbell, CALIFORNIA, February 27, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers market size, market share, and forecast report, which tracks cable broadband equipment and subscribers.
“Though 2012 was a down year for cable broadband, the stage is set for a strong 2013,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “Cable operators worldwide have a number of bandwidth-hungry applications on tap that will drive CMTS and edge QAM channel growth throughout the year, including DOCSIS 3.0, multiscreen services via the deployment of new video gateways, and carrier WiFi services.”
Heynen adds: “We’re expecting CMTS and edge QAM revenue to grow more than 20% in 2013.”
CMTS AND EDGE QAM MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- For the full year 2012, CMTS and edge QAM revenue decreased 15%, to $1.39 billion
- Declining ASPs and channel shipments edged the global CMTS and edge QAM market down for the 3rd consecutive quarter in 4Q12, as revenue fell 1% sequentially, to $284 million
- North America bucked the global trend, notching a 7% increase in CMTS and edge QAM revenue in 4Q12 from 3Q12
- Cisco held onto its perennial #1 CMTS revenue market share position in 4Q12, though #2 ARRIS, the leader in channel shipments, grew its share by 6 percentage points
- In the edge QAM segment, Cisco edged out Harmonic to claim the top spot for the 1st time ever in 4Q12; even so, Harmonic closed out 2012 as the edge QAM leader
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join Jeff Heynen Wednesday, March 6, at 11:00 AM ET for a live cable broadband market recap. Log in to https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=679 for password to join the call live or view on demand.
Infonetics’ quarterly CMTS and edge QAM report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for CMTS and edge QAM (linear broadcast, VoD and unicast video, switched digital video, and DOCSIS/M-CMTS) equipment and cable broadband subscribers (standard and wideband), and CCAP. Companies tracked include ARRIS, Casa Systems, Cisco, Ericsson, Harmonic, Motorola, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING BROADBAND MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #