Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 5, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and preliminary analysis from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Ethernet Switches report. (Full report published Mar. 7.)
“Given the finicky economic backdrop, weakness in Europe, and lower spending by public sector customers, Ethernet switches turned in a solid performance in 2012, returning to modest growth,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “And signs are pointing to a healthier road ahead as discounting returns to normal levels and buyers seek higher-value products like layer 3 switches and higher-speed ports.”
ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global Ethernet switch market totaled $5.1 billion in 4Q12, up 5% sequentially, and $19.8 billion in 2012, up almost $1 billion over 2011 (+4.7%)
- All top 5 Ethernet switch revenue leaders — Cisco, HP, Juniper, Dell, Brocade — increased revenue in 2012 over 2011, though smaller vendors managed to gain market share
- Together, Cisco and HP capture over ¾ of the global Ethernet switch market
- 10G is accounting for almost all Ethernet switch revenue growth: 10G port shipments grew 66% in 2012, driven by data center upgrades, 10G server adoption, server virtualization, and core network buildouts
- 40G Ethernet is growing rapidly, with port volumes up 10-fold in 2012, from a small base
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Matthias Machowinski Mar. 12, at 11 AM ET for a live Ethernet switch market recap. Log in for password to join the call or view on deamnd: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=753.
ETHERNET SWITCH REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly Ethernet switch report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for Ethernet switches and PoE, including ports, fixed configuration switches, and chassis switches. Companies tracked: ADTRAN, Alaxala, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, Hitachi Cable, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, NETGEAR, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBINARS AVAILABLE FOR SPONSORSHIP
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to register for or to sponsor Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #