London, UK, March 7, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q12) and year-end Femtocell Equipment report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
“Femtocell sales are up for the third straight quarter and on a year-over-year basis, though growth to this point is modest for a market that’s still in evolution,” reports Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave and carrier WiFi at Infonetics Research. “Price-per-unit is eroding and shipment volumes are rising, but both are intrinsically linked and neither has happened fast enough to drive a more rapid acceleration in adoption to date.”
Webb adds: “That said, we believe femtocells have sufficient market drivers and support among operators to sustain continuous annual revenue and unit growth through at least 2017, starting with a very big 2013, driven by strong 3G femto sales and fast-ramping 4G femtos.”
4Q12 FEMTOCELL EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, the femtocell equipment market, including 2G, 3G, and 4G femtocells, is up 66% in 4Q12 from 3Q12
- For the full year 2012, the femtocell market totaled $425 million, up 21% from a year ago
- Public space femtocells accounted for slightly more revenue than consumer femtocells in 2012
- 4G femtocell revenue is growing at a 165% 5-year compound annual growth rate (2012 to 2017)
- While only 3% of units shipped in 2012 were integrated femtocells—meaning femtocell technology built into broadband CPE like DSL routers/gateways—Infonetics anticipates they will be widely adopted over the long term, eventually making up about half of all units by 2017
- The top 3 femtocell market share leaders in 4Q12 and for the full year 2012 are Airvana, Samsung, and Cisco/ip.access
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Richard Webb Thursday, March 14, at 11:00 am ET for a live femtocell market recap. Log in for password to join the call or view on demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=658.
FEMTOCELL REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly femtocell report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017 and analysis for 2G femtocells (CDMA and GSM/GPRS), 3G femtocells (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO, and TD SCDMA), and 4G femtocells (WiMAX and LTE). Femtocells are tracked by form factor (standalone and integrated) and market segment (consumer, enterprise, public access). Companies tracked: Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Argela, Cisco/ip.access, Contela, Huawei, ip.access, NEC/Ubiquisys, Samsung, Ubee Interactive, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #