Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 11, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q12) and year-end Network Security Appliances and Software market share and forecast report.
"In the network security appliances and software market, vendors are actively jockeying to take advantage of competitor slip-ups,” observes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. "Challengers like Palo Alto, Fortinet, Sourcefire, and Dell SonicWALL will continue to make life interesting for Cisco, Check Point, and Juniper in 2013. When they find success, it will be because they exploit dis-satisfaction with the pricing, efficacy, performance, and feature breadth of the products from the top 3 vendors.”
NETWORK SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- 2012 ended with a bang for most network security vendors, with high-end appliances driving a good portion of the growth
- Worldwide, network security appliance and software revenue grew 10% in 2012 to $6.3 billion, and is up 7% from the year-ago 4th quarter, at $1.7 billion
- Integrated security appliances have gained share every quarter since 4Q11
- In 2012, Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, McAfee, and Fortinet led the network security market, though Infonetics expects possible share changes in 2013
Clients: Join Jeff Wilson Tuesday, March 12, at Noon ET for a live network security market recap. Log in for password to join the call or view on demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=738.
NETWORK SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly network security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, VPN and firewall software, and network-based intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) products. Vendors tracked: AEP, Alcatel-Lucent, Array Networks, CA, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, D-Link, Enterasys, eSoft, F5, Fortinet, GTA, HP, Huawei, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, NetASQ, Palo Alto Networks, SonicWALL, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, WatchGuard, ZyXEL, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #