Campbell, CALIFORNIA, February 3, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Cloud Service Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ plans for the adoption and usage of cloud services.
"Hybrid cloud is the next evolution in cloud architecture, with adoption among enterprises expected to more than double by 2015," notes Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research.
Grossner continues: “The transformation to the cloud is spelling disruption and opportunity for network equipment vendors, who would be wise to demonstrate how their offerings can be part of a hybrid cloud environment where interoperability between network management, server virtualization, and data center orchestration platforms are critical factors for success.”
CLOUD SERVICE SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Among Infonetics’ enterprise survey respondents, the top drivers for cloud adoption are performance, agility, scalability, and cost reduction
- Enterprises’ mix of cloud services is changing: Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and cloud-as-a-service (CaaS) have the largest increases in adoption between 2013 and 2015
- Just over half of respondents believe that shifting to the cloud will make it necessary to consider alternate network vendors
- 83% of enterprises surveyed rate service and support a very important criterion for choosing a cloud service provider, followed closely by experience and pricing structure
- Cloud adoption is impacting enterprise IT investments, with not only the WAN—but also the LAN—high on the list for upgrades
For its 38-page cloud service strategies survey published in January 2014, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 106 North American enterprises about their current usage of cloud services, as well as their plans for deploying cloud-based services through 2015. Survey participants were asked about cloud services (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS) deployment drivers and barriers, uses, technologies, architectures (public, private, community, hybrid), and vendors. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING DATA CENTER AND CLOUD MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Using SDN to Optimize the Corporate Network (Mar. 13: Attend)
- SDN and NFV: The Nitty Gritty (Mar. 18: Attend)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (View on demand)
- Enterprise Shift to the Cloud Agility to Meet Business Requirements (June 3: Sponsor)
- The New Data Center Network Edge: The vSwitch (Dec. 2: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #