Campbell, CALIFORNIA, October 31, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new DAS Equipment Market Outlook. The report tracks and forecasts distributed antenna system (DAS) equipment units and revenue by geographic region and category (in-building, LTE, multi-standard, outdoor).
“DAS first became commercially viable in the late 1980s with the advent of optical fiber installed as a transport medium. Since then, the DAS business has been brisk with its lot of boom and bust, growing into a multi-billion dollar market crowded with a flurry of vendor specialists,” explains Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
“And contrary to all the hype and buzz surrounding small cells, the need for DAS is not going away anytime soon! In fact, most service providers have already included DAS as a key component of their future ‘small cell’ mobile network expansion plans,” continues Téral. “With no signs of abating over the next 5 years, we believe global DAS revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2012 to 2017 and DAS node shipments will double, driven by a combination of coverage and capacity improvements in specific venues.”
DAS EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Fundamental drivers for deploying DAS include coverage, capacity, spectrum efficiency, interference mitigation, data support, scalability, and adaptability
- Sports and entertainment stadiums make up the bulk of the DAS business and are considered in-building or indoor DAS; outdoor DAS is a niche market
- The U.S. and China are the world’s largest DAS markets and are expected to remain so through at least 2017 due to the number and size of their stadiums, convention centers, and transportation stations and ports
- Over 1 million DAS nodes were shipped in 2012, sending worldwide DAS revenue to $1.9 billion—an increase of 4% over 2011
- DAS revenue represents just 5% of the total mobile infrastructure market
- U.S.-based CommScope leads the global DAS market with 17% market share, followed by Hong Kong–headquartered Comba
DAS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ DAS equipment market outlook report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for distributed antenna system (DAS) equipment. The report tracks DAS node units and DAS revenue by category (in-building, LTE, multi-standard, outdoor) and includes a Mobile Operator DAS Strategies Tracker.
The report tracks equipment made by Axell Wireless, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings, CommScope, Corning Mobile Access, Ericsson, Kathrein-Werke KG, NSN, Optiway, PowerWave Technologies, Solid Technologies, TE Connectivity, Zinwave, and many others.
Download Infonetics’ DAS equipment report table of contents, companies and products tracked, and more from the Small Cells and WiFi section of Infonetics’ online service portal at http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/lp.asp?id=936. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #