Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 9, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released market size and forecasts from its new Data Center and Enterprise SDN Hardware and Software report, which defines and sizes the market for software-defined networks (SDN).
The just-published report provides critical data for important SDN market characteristics including product categories, definitions, and worldwide and regional market size. Notably, the report tracks and forecasts SDN controllers and Ethernet switches in-use for SDN — the ‘real’ market for SDN — separately from SDN-capable Ethernet switches. The report also includes SDN market analysis, trends, vendor announcements, and a tracker of SDN products currently shipping. To learn more or buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
“The important question that everyone wants answered is, ‘What’s the real market for SDN?’,” says Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research. “It’s still early days, but our research over the last two years confirms that SDN controllers and Ethernet switches in-use for SDN will play a role in enterprise and data center networks, growing to a $3.1 billion market by 2017.”
“Wide scale in-use SDN deployments will occur first in the data center with large enterprises and cloud service providers, followed closely by the enterprise LAN,” continues Grossner. “We’re already seeing significant use cases for SDN in the enterprise LAN providing security and unification of wired and wireless networks, and enabling BYOD.”
DATA CENTER AND ENTERPRISE SDN MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- SDN is going through a classic market adoption cycle, with many new entrants looking to gain a toe-hold, and the majority of enterprises still kicking the tires
- Vendors shipping SDN products in 2013 include Alcatel-Lucent, Big Switch, Brocade, Cisco, Cumulus, Dell, Extreme, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Midokura, NEC, Pica8, Plexxi, Plumgrid, VMware and others
- The few early deployments for SDN—Google, NTT, AT&T, Verizon, DT, BT, and China Mobile—are in large data centers of cloud service providers and large enterprises
- 10% of Ethernet switches will be in-use for SDN by 2017
- North America is where SDN got its start, and the region will claim nearly 50% SDN revenue market share through 2017
WEBINAR: DATA CENTER SECURITY
Join Infonetics Dec. 10 for Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements, a live event that examines new high-speed, high-capacity data center security solutions: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=708420&s=1&k=93D3BBD5218FE00E14D1BCEDFE6834F7 .
SDN CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join Cliff Grossner December 16 at noon ET for a live SDN market outlook and recap, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=730.
UPCOMING DATA CENTER MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (Dec. 10: Attend)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Attend)
- Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue (Dec. 17: Attend)
- Building Blocks for Service-Aware Networks Based on SDN and NFV (View on demand)
- Multi-Vendor Service Provisioning for NFV (View on demand)
- SDNs for Enterprise LAN Optimization and Enhanced Security (2014: Sponsor)
- WAN and The Cloud: What You Need to Know Now(2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #