Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 5, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Data Center Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which details enterprises’ plans for deploying security solutions in data centers, as well as their thoughts on leading data center security vendors.
“The battle for data center security domination is raging, particularly at the high end of the appliance market,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research. “Based on the results of our latest study, we believe most data center security buyers will continue to turn to trusted names, but they’ll also use smaller vendors whose solutions bring a leap in efficacy, lower costs, or provide management and policy functions that offer a single window into hardware appliances, virtual appliances, and server software.”
“Now is the time to develop comprehensive solutions,” Wilson adds. “Vendors that aren’t in the game yet or rounding out their product offerings will be challenged to compete for the massive dollars that will be spent this year and next.”
DATA CENTER SECURITY SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Enterprises participating in Infonetics’ survey spent an average of $14.6 million on data center security products in 2012, and expect to spend nearly $17 million in 2013
- While many buyers plan to invest in virtual appliances for higher-layer security technologies such as messaging, IPS, application, and web protection, Infonetics believes that businesses will continue to utilize hardware infrastructure for DDoS mitigation and firewalls
- Survey respondents named Cisco, McAfee, HP, Juniper, and Trend Micro as the top data center security suppliers, though Fortinet, Check Point, Palo Alto, and Dell SonicWALL are expected to find their way into more deals in 2013
- As data center security vendors race to turn out the best end-to-end solution, Infonetics anticipates continued growth in hypervisor security solutions and even more partnerships (or consolidation) between appliance, virtual appliance, and server security vendors
BYOD SECURITY WEBINAR
Join Infonetics analyst Jeff Wilson and GENBAND May 14 for a free live webinar, Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World. Learn more or register: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=605407&s=1&k=E8282C5B51D5FA6E1237B2CA1DD49A13
For its 18-page data center security survey, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 104 large organizations in North America that operate their own data centers about their plans for deploying security solutions. The study covers data center security purchase drivers, deployments, interface speeds, spending plans, and suppliers, and features enterprises’ ratings of 12 vendors (Arbor Networks, Check Point, Cisco, F5 Networks, Fortinet, HP TippingPoint, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, VMware) on 10 criteria. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (May 14: Register)
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth (Apr. 11: Register)
- Cyber Security: Using DPI and Metadata to Strengthen SIEM (View on demand)
- SMS/MMS Security Platforms for Mobile Carriers (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #