Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 12, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2013 IMS Service Strategies, Product Features, and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, for which carriers with IP multimedia subsystem core equipment in their networks were interviewed to assess their needs and to analyze trends in the IMS market.
“Our conversations with operators confirm that IMS deployments are progressing, with new services being turned up every day,” shares Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research. “The biggest change coming over the next few years will be the rise of voice over LTE (VoLTE) and its impact on IMS. Over 90% of the operators participating in our IMS strategies survey plan to deploy VoLTE by 2015, up from zero today. This is going to shape the IMS market in the coming years.”
IMS SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The transition from fixed-line VoIP to mobile services over IMS is happening, but in a measured fashion
- Key factors driving survey respondents’ migration to IMS are LTE network deployments and IMS’s reputation as a global standard for network infrastructure and services
- Among those interviewed, there were no overwhelming barriers to deploying IMS; the main issues are business oriented, with a smattering of technical concerns such as integration with existing OSS/BSS
- The rise of virtualization and NFV within carrier networks is extending to IMS, with respondents expecting deployments utilizing shared virtual machines to grow from zero currently to 67% by 2015
- When asked who they consider to be the top IMS infrastructure vendors, respondents most often named Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia Siemens Networks
- Ericsson is also the leading CSCF and HSS vendor among respondent operators in terms of products installed and vendors under evaluation for future purchases
ABOUT THE SURVEY
Infonetics' 32-page IMS survey is based on interviews with incumbent, mobile, competitive, and cable operators from around the world with IMS core equipment in their networks. Infonetics asked operators about IMS migration drivers and barriers; single/multiple IMS cores; plans for IMS services (VoLTE, residential voice over broadband, hosted IP voice, business trunking, etc.); and CSCF and HSS installations, features and manufacturers. The report includes a vendor scorecard with operator ratings of IMS infrastructure vendors (Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, BroadSoft, Ericsson, Genband, Huawei, Mavenir, Nokia Siemens Networks, ZTE). To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS, SURVEYS & SCORECARDS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #