Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 14, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its annual North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top providers in the hosted VoIP, unified communications (UC) and IP connectivity service markets.
“Comcast’s nationwide push of its Business VoiceEdge service helped Comcast grow its installed base and maintain its #1 position in Infonetics’ hosted VoIP leadership scorecard for the second year in a row,” reports Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “8x8 follows right on the heels of Comcast, making a big leap this year thanks to improved financial stability, continued growth of its installed base and a focus on service enhancements.”
Myers continues: “And for the fifth straight year, Verizon is #1 in our IP connectivity leadership scorecard, followed closely by XO.”
BUSINESS VOIP SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Comcast, 8x8, Verizon, and West are the top hosted VoIP providers in North America
- Verizon, XO, AT&T, and Windstream are the top IP connectivity providers in North America
- Providers are settling into executing the mergers and acquisitions of the past year, including ShoreTel, which is already rolling out its ShoreTel Sky hosted solution to channel partners
- With the emergence of SIP trunking, IP connectivity is quickly becoming a commodity market with escalating price competition; to succeed, providers need financial stability, highly automated processes and broad geographic reach to gain volume
- At the end of 2012, the top hosted VoIP providers had over 200,00 seats each while the cutoff to the top 10 was still slightly below 100,000 seat counts
- The hosted VoIP and UC market in North America remains highly dynamic, and businesses have a broad mix of providers to choose from, including traditional operators, cable MSOs, VARs/agents, PBX/UC vendors, and pure play hosted providers
Infonetics’ annual North America business VoIP scorecard identifies service providers currently leading the hosted VoIP/UC and IP connectivity markets and those best positioned to succeed long term. The matrix rankings are based on criteria such as installed base of lines or seats, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities, and support options. Service providers ranked include 8x8, AT&T, Bandwidth.com, Broadview Networks, Broadvox, Cbeyond, Comcast, Cox, Level 3, Megapath, RingCentral, ShoreTel, Sprint, Thinking Phone Networks, Verizon, Vocalocity, West, Windstream, and XO. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
An EMEA Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard will be published by Infonetics on or before August 7, 2013.
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/SIZE/FORECAST REPORTS & SCORECARDS
Download report highlights, tables of contents and prospectuses at http://www.infonetics.com/login or our Research Calendar at http://bit.ly/zwjcRs.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (May 14: Register)
- Preparing Enterprise Networks for a Wireless Multi-Device World (May 15: Register)
- Leveraging Hotspot 2.0 for Carrier WiFi Networks (May 16: Register)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Sponsorships available)
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Sponsorships available)
- Session Border Controllers in VoLTE(View on demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #