Campbell, CALIFORNIA, October 7, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2013 UC Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ plans for unified communications (UC), including cloud deployments, and their perceptions of UC vendors.
“The biggest change we’re seeing in unified communication deployments is the adoption of video,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Businesses have been implementing more mobility into their UC architectures over the past year and now are looking toward videoconferencing to help drive further productivity.”
“The vendors that can effectively deliver integrated video and mobility into their UC solution and do so in a simple and easy-to-use manner will be best positioned for success,” adds Myers. “According enterprises participating in our UC survey, Cisco and Microsoft are the leaders in unified communications thanks to their installed base and perceived positions of leadership.”
UC STRATEGIES SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Companies are adopting unified communications to improve response times, increase employee productivity, and reduce operational costs
- 87% of enterprises surveyed plan to add videoconferencing to their UC architecture by August 2014
- The use of the cloud is also on the rise: 22% of respondents already have implemented portions of their UC architecture in a private cloud, and 19% have done so in a public cloud
- Collaboration is the most common application deployed in the cloud (private or public), followed by conferencing and faxing
- For businesses that have not adopted UC, the #1 barrier is cost
CLOUD UC WEBINAR
Join Infonetics analyst Diane Myers Dec. 12 for Unified Communications in the Cloud: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=692255&s=1&k=C21FAC984C12B3A84777D2DC1632CACD
ABOUT THE UC STUDY
For its 29-page enterprise unified communications survey, Infonetics interviewed 140 UC purchase-decision makers at medium and large enterprises in North America that use unified VoIP, e-mail, and instant messaging. The study provides an in-depth look at the state of the UC market, where organizations are unifying various types of communication, why they are doing it, if and how they are utilizing the cloud, what capabilities they need, and which vendors they are likely to use. The report features enterprise ratings of 11 UC vendors (Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Avaya, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, Verizon). To buy the survey, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2013 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #