London, UK, November 17, 2014—Technology market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Carrier WiFi Equipment report, which tracks WiFi equipment deployed by operators in public spaces for wireless internet access.
WIFI ANALYST NOTE
“The carrier WiFi market has seen a dynamic injection of growth in the last couple of years, driven by fixed and mobile operators seeking to extend and enhance their broadband subscription services,” notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for mobile backhaul and small cells at Infonetics Research.
“The push for service augmentation and upgrade to the 802.11ac standard, combined with the opportunities presented by Hotspot 2.0, voice over WiFi (VoWiFi), and network functions virtualization (NFV) to derive new service models, will drive the carrier WiFi market to $3 billion in 2018,” Webb adds.
CARRIER WIFI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global carrier WiFi equipment market (carrier WiFi access points and WiFi hotspot controllers) totaled $527 million in 2013, a gain of 9% from the previous year, driven in part by the deployment of small cells with integrated WiFi
- In the first half of 2014 (1H14), carrier WiFi equipment revenue reached $286 million, up 6% from the second half of 2013 (2H13)
- 802.11ac access points contributed 11% to 1H14 WiFi access point revenue and are expected to see notable adoption in the coming years
- The evolution of network functions virtualization (NFV) offers the opportunity for more cost effective WiFi service delivery by a range of service providers as well as enterprises and other organizations with existing WiFi (or wireless LAN) deployments
- Cisco, Huawei, and Ruckus Wireless (listed in alphabetical order) are the carrier WiFi market share leaders in 1H14
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join analyst Richard Webb Nov. 12 at 11:00 A.M. EST for a WiFi market outlook, live or on-demand at www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=793.
SERVICE PROVIDER WIFI REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual carrier WiFi report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for WiFi hotspot controllers and WiFi-only and dual-mode cellular/WiFi access points. The report includes carrier WiFi vendor announcements and customer wins and a Mobile Operator WiFi Offload Strategies Tracker. Vendors tracked: Airspan, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Aruba Networks, Edgewater Wireless, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Motorola Solutions, Nokia, Ruckus Wireless, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT & UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Making Mobile Backhaul Flexible with NFV and SDN (View on-demand)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (View on-demand)
- Evolving from Backhaul to Fronthaul (Sponsor)
- Leveraging NFV for Carrier WiFi Services (Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See job openings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, email@example.com, +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org, +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #