Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 11, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Data Center Security Products report, which tracks data center security appliances and virtual security appliances.
“Enterprises and service providers are upgrading data centers to support huge increases in traffic and handle the massive waves of attacks they face every day. As a result, we foresee a growth spike in virtual appliance revenue starting in 2016 due to the deployment of the next generation of network infrastructure using software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) over the next year and a half,” says Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
DATA CENTER AND VIRTUAL SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Driven by increasing demand from enterprises, data centers, and carriers, global revenue for virtual security appliances is forecast by Infonetics to more than double from 2013 to 2018, when it will reach $1.17 billion
- The growth of SDN- and NFV-compatible security solutions is expected to drive consolidation in the virtual appliance vendor landscape, which is crowded with a mix of established security players, hypervisor vendors, and specialist vendors
- Infonetics expects worldwide revenue for data center security appliances to grow to $2.7 billion by 2018
- Market share for data center security appliances fairly closely mirrors overall market share for security solutions, with Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, and McAfee in the top tier
FREE SECURITY WEBINARS + RESEARCH
Attendees of Infonetics analyst Jeff Wilson’s November security webinars (live or on-demand) receive free security research reports. Sign up at:
SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join analyst Jeff Wilson Nov. 14 at 9:30 AM PST for a data center and virtual security market outlook live or on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=900.
VIRTUAL SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual data center security report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for purpose-built virtual security appliances and multiple segments of ported virtual security appliances and data center security appliances. Vendors tracked: Arbor Networks, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, GenieNRM, HP, Huawei, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks, SonicWall, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, Websense, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Protecting your Organization from DNS Security Threats (Nov. 13: Attend)
- DDoS Security: Protect Your Network and Hosting Customers (Nov. 19: Attend)
- Practical Strategies for Fighting Advanced Malware and Threats (Jan 13: Learn More)
- Hybrid DDoS Mitigation (2015: Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #