London, UK, October 17, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Millimeter Wave Equipment report, which tracks licensed and unlicensed millimeter wave equipment by market application (access, backhaul, and transport).
“Although the millimeter wave market is still modest in scale at this point, the enhanced capacity capabilities delivered by this technology will be invaluable as a backhaul aggregation solution for small cell deployments as they scale up,” says Richard Webb, directing analyst for mobile backhaul and small cells at Infonetics Research.
Webb continues: “We expect millimeter wave to play a significant role in outdoor small cell backhaul, which will become the primary long-term market driver.”
MILLIMETER WAVE EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics projects the overall millimeter wave equipment market to grow to $755 million by 2018
- The outdoor small cell backhaul segment of the millimeter wave equipment market is forecast by Infonetics to outpace all other segments of the market, growing at a 101% CAGR from 2013 to 2018
- Licensed E-band 70–90GHz equipment accounted for 93% of millimeter wave sales in the first half of 2014 (1H14)
- 90% of millimeter wave equipment revenue in 1H14 came from mobile backhaul applications, up from 85% in the second half of 2013 (2H13)
- Currently, the top 3 players in millimeter wave gear are E-Band Communications, NEC, and Siklu (in alphabetical order), though Infonetics expects some consolidation to take place over the next 2 years as the market grows and more of the large mainstream microwave vendors move in from the wings
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to view on-demand analyst Richard Webb’s millimeter wave market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=816.
Infonetics' biannual millimeter wave report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for unlicensed V-band (57–64GHz), licensed E-band (70–90GHz), and W-band (75–110GHz) millimeter wave equipment by network application (access, backhaul, transport). The report tracks units, revenue, and ARPU and follows Aviat Networks, Ceragon, E-Band, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Intracom, NEC, Remec (BridgeWave), SIAE, Siklu, Sub10 Systems, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: Iyassu Soquar, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3397
- Greater China, Southeast Asia: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com, +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #