Campbell, CALIFORNIA, December 22, 2014—Infonetics Research, a technology market research firm, today released excerpts from its December 2G, 3G, LTE Mobile Services and Subscribers market size and forecast report.
Infonetics, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), provides detailed analysis, trends, and forecasts on mobile operators and their mobile voice and data service revenue, average revenue per user (ARPU), and subscribers in each of the world’s major regions.
“Europe continues to be the main drag on global mobile services revenue, but Europe’s BIG 5—Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, Vodafone—see some light at the end of the tunnel, with looming consolidation that should ease the pressure on mobile services revenue,” notes Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
MOBILE SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide mobile service revenue barely budged in the first half of 2014 (1H14), up just 0.5% from the same period a year ago, to $385.5 billion
- Gains in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA), Asia Pacific, and North America together offset a high double-digit decline in EMEA
- For the first time, voice usage slightly slowed, dragged by China where over-the-top (OTT) alternatives took their share, and mobile broadband overtook SMS as the largest revenue generator of mobile data
- Mobile broadband revenue rose 26% in 1H14 from 1H13 and continued to drive overall mobile services market growth
- Despite the rise of mobile data, blended ARPU continues to fall, but at a much slower pace in every region, including developing Asia Pacific
MOBILE SERVICE REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ mobile services report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for voice, SMS/MMS, and broadband mobile service revenue, ARPU, and subscribers by technology. The report features a Mobile Broadband Service Tracker following operator deployments by country, technology and subscribers. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2014 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #