Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, November 26, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Subscriber Data Management Software and Services report, which tracks subscriber data management (SDM) software and services for mobile and
“LTE and voice over LTE (VoLTE) continue to drive the subscriber data management (SDM) market as operators look to synchronize data across domains and ensure a smooth transition for subscribers across access networks. And we expect voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) to have a similar accelerating effect as VoWiFi devices become available,” says Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“Meanwhile, the ongoing buzz around analytics and big data is translating into interest in SDM’s role as an aggregator of subscriber information across multiple points in the network and IT realms,” Levine adds.
SUBSCRIBER DATA MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- While mobile deployments will continue to dominate the subscriber data management (SDM) market, there is interesting activity in the fixed-line space, including using SDM to
support multiscreen video and enable multiple subscriber profiles supported by a single set top box (STB)
- Operators will be launching network functions virtualization (NFV) initiatives over the next few years, but the virtualization of back-end subscriber data repositories is expected to be slow to follow as concerns about the reliability, availability, and security of virtualized network functions persist
- Organizational issues such as internal resistance to sharing data across departmental “silos” remain a major hurdle to operators’ SDM strategies
- The worldwide market for SDM software and services is forecast by Infonetics to grow to $2.5 billion in 2018, with services gradually representing a larger share of the market
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join analyst Shira Levine live or on-demand Nov. 18 at noon EST for a SDM market recap and outlook. For password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=848.
SDM REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual subscriber data management report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for mobile and fixed-line subscriber data management software and services. Vendors tracked in the report: Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, IBM, NSN, Openwave Mobility, Oracle/Tekelec, Redknee, and UnboundID. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- NFV with SDN Service Chaining for Quickest New Revenue (Dec. 11: Attend)
- Assessing Your Assets: Leveraging Analytics for Network Optimization (View on-demand)
- Network Control, Cloud, and SDN: What Role Will the PCRF Play? (View on-demand)
- Striking Gold with Subscriber Analytics (Feb. 2015: Sponsor)
- Harnessing the Power of Big Data and Analytics (May 2015: Sponsor)
- Policy Management and SDM in an LTE World (2015: Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is hiring analysts. See job openings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #